Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I No Longer Want to Live

Emotional Check-In:

I have seen my best friend fall to his feet, blood flowing from him. I have seen a bullet strike a human's fragile body. I have seen one man, one "leader", kill thousands of innocent people. I have seen weak men and women tortured. I have seen murder. I no longer want to see.
 I have heard the cries of infants who are alone. I have heard a bullet puncture a body. I have heard a terrifying screech of a women who is about to die. I have heard the explosions which ended many lives. I no longer want to hear.
 I have tasted the snowflakes that constantly fall from the sky. I have tasted blood, but not my own. I have tasted gas which leaves a burning sensation throughout my body. I have tasted dirt continuously being kicked up to my mouth. I no longer want to taste. 
I loved my best friend. Dead. I loved my family. Dead. I loved my comrades. Dead. I loved my friends. Dead. I loved my home. Demolished. I no longer want to love.
I must keep moving forward.

Goodbye, everyone.

Yours Truly,
    Vasily Zaytsev

No comments:

Post a Comment