Thursday, May 9, 2013

Response to Editorial #6

Help!  Help these Jews held in those awful places.  The French Resistance is trying, but we can't do much with those scum Nazis sticking their ugly noses into everything we do.  People are dying, suffering, and witnessing things that will scar them forever. 
My father is now in hiding and on his way to England.  Our rescue mission was a success.  We saved 14 members of the Resistance, including my mother's friend, Lucie Aubrac's husband and my father, and killed 6 Germans.  Lucie is pregnant, and asked the cheif Gestapo, Klaus Barbie, if she could "marry" her husband before he was to die.  An old law allows civil marraige before a prisoner is killed.  He couldn't say no because she complained she would be discriminated against for being an unmarried mother.  He released her husband, which gave us a golden opportunity.  We attacked a German truck bringing back prisoners to German command.  My father along with Lucie Aubrac and her husband are fleeing for England.  My mother and I will stay with my uncle who owns a farm until the war is over.  Viva la France!
~Helene Delattre

No comments:

Post a Comment