Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My name is Helene Delattre.  I am seventeen years old and live in France.  I am quick to think and very brave.  I am willing to risk anything for my country.  My father owns a post office.  I am an only child.  I grew up hearing stories about what terrible things Germany did my to homeland and the destruction they brought upon us in the Great War.  My mother and father cry when they hear the word, "war."  I can't trust Germany again.  Not after what they did to my family, my people.  My parents constantly talk about politics and how Hitler has more power to gain Germany it's "living space."  Once I heard them say something about a "Resistance."  My father is even stockpiling weapons.  I am worried that Hitler will make us his target, for we are still recovering from the Great War and are weak.  My fellow Frenchmen think our army is strong and can defeat the Germans.  But I know better.  Please, don't trust the Germans.  They caused destructon once, who says they won't do it again?
~Helene


He is loved by his people.



No comments:

Post a Comment