Sunday, April 21, 2013

September 1, 1939

Dear Karl, my brother,

It is difficult to explain how I am feeling at this moment.  I feel as though so much of my life has come into focus.

My life with Irene is inspiring and wonderful.  We are meant to be together and my love for her grows and grows.

As for my future, it seems to have a direct path to where I should be going.  I know that I was always a steady and strong student and my goals were clear.  Now that I have settled into my research at the Institute for Racial Hygiene at the University of Frankfurt, my membership with the Nazi party and the acceptance into the SS, the importance of my work is so apparent.  I could not be in unity more with Hitler and what he stands for.  There are so many things to consider when thinking about a pure race. But I must tell you, Adolf Hitler is taking action.  He is going to see that we are successful with our research and that it does not go wasted.  I am looking anxiously towards our future and you should be too.  Germany will be a utopia and we will one day cry out in joy that we are here and that we have been a part of this history in the making.

Sincerely, your brother,

Josef

No comments:

Post a Comment