Tuesday, April 30, 2013

De Gaulle to Editorial 3 and Others


I have been reading some fascinating correspondence, and would like to add a few remarks of my own.

On the Maginot Line:  It’s not a matter of if it will fall, but when.  I warned Petain that the proper route was to create a mobile tank and armored defense that could meet Germany where they attacked.  Instead, Petain opted to use a string of concrete bunkers.  I will defend them with my life, but I have complete confidence that they will fold like a house of cards. 

To Erwin Rommel – Comrad, we are at war.  Yet, I think you and I may be cut from the same cloth.  We are not that different from one another.  Despite my seething hatred for Germany, I believe you are a soldier fighting sincerely in the name of discipline and devotion to your country.    I believe you have another role to play in this, whether it be for good or evil.  Only time will tell.

To Josef Mengele – When it comes to your research, I cannot imagine what kind of research that might be.  Are you planning something?  The fact that you call Hitler’s invasion of Europe “heroic” makes me not trust you.  Unless you are an Allied operative or a double agent, which I highly doubt. 

To Eva Braun – You speak of loyalty to the man you are obsessed with, but you are loyal to a mad man. Have you read Mein Kampf? Do you realize where this man is leading you?!  Remember that the lemmings loyally follow their leader... right off of a cliff.

Sincerely,

Charles De Gaulle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment