Saturday, April 20, 2013

my biggest fear...



Last night, I had a dream about being an army nurse. Oh, it was so awful! Men with no legs, no heads, bleeding to death, shot in the chest. Oh my, the things my mind could envision were terrible. Now it’s all I can think about… going in and having their lives in your hand. Those men; the look on their faces. And the worst part is that they trust you. They trust that you will save their lives. Their lives that are slipping out of your hands. I could never do that to these poor men who are doing this to save me. But I could never let down my country they need me to help them. None of them would just give up on me. If only I could toughen up and get my game together……but I just can’t get my mind straight. No matter how hard I try to convince myself that joining is the right thing to do, those images keep flashing in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment