Sunday, April 28, 2013

To China

Of course His Majesty is a pacifist, and there is no doubt he wished to avoid war. When I told him that to initiate war is a mistake, he agreed. But the next day, he would tell me: "You were worried about it yesterday, but you do not have to worry so much." Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war. And the next time I met him, he leaned even more toward war. In short, I felt the Emperor was telling me: "My prime minister does not understand military matters, I know much more." In short, the Emperor had absorbed the views of the army and navy high commandsted. How many lives do you have to loose before you finnaly realize you can not win, but you can save your people. I do not ask for money, the only thing we need from you is to give in to Japanese rule. How many more people really need to die? Your army has already been defeated, dont you think it is time to give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment