Friday, April 26, 2013

Miss Eva, taking one's own life is not a way to solve your problems.   Suicide is for the hopeless who have nothing left.  Why hurt yourself for no cause?  As for me and my family, we are preparing for war.  Family members and friends are leaving to fight the Germans.  I am worried yet somehow I feel I can help France defeat the enemy.  I know I will try hard and will do anything.  I spend most of my time now collecting food and shoes for the army.  Everyone seems so excited and confident in our army.  They cheered and laughed when they announced the declaration of war.  I'm not sure if I feel confident, too, or if I feel worried.  England has also declared war.  I am glad because it isn't just our people dying for the sake of good.  Hopefully this whole thing will blow over and no one will get hurt. 
Viva la France!
`Helene Delattre

No comments:

Post a Comment